- Policy Statement
- We take your privacy seriously and this policy (Privacy & Cookies Policy) sets out how we will handle your personal data securely and in accordance with your rights.
- General Information
- What information do we collect?
- What do we use your information for?
We may use your information for the following purposes: [in the normal course of our business, to allow us to register you to receive our services and to provide you with our services;
- to allow us to manage your account;
- to allow us to analyse your personal preferences and personalise our services to you;
- to store your data to pre-populate fields to make it easier for you to provide information when you return to our sites;
- to communicate with you, including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you; You will be able to opt-out of such communications at any time by using the provided opt our mechanism.
- to validate your information (and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party) to check that the data we hold about our [customers/users] is accurate, consistent and up to date;
- to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject;
- We shall periodically check that the personal data we store for you is accurate. If you would like to update the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- The provision of end user customer details, is mandatory if you are to request Dealer Partner services where Zest4 invoice the customer, and hardware and installation services. If you fail to provide such data we shall be unable to provide our services.
- The provision of end customer details for wholesale partners is voluntary and you do not need to provide such information to receive our services if you do not wish too, provided your account is up to date and you provide services to the end users. However, if you do not provide end user details for dealer connections, installations and hardware requests then we may not be able to provide the services.
- Who do we share your information with?
- As part of using our services, you consent to us sharing your personal information with the following parties.
- Other service providers and third party partners who process and store data on our behalf;
- professional advisors;
- individuals who you nominate as referees to verify certain information;
- [company], for the purposes of [insert why information is shared];
- any member of our group, which means [company group] and other companies which may be added to our group from time to time.]
- We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- in the event that we, our business, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal information about customers will be one of the transferred assets);
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract with you; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- How long do we store your personal data for?
- We only store you personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes listed in paragraph 4.
- What are your rights?
- Access to your personal data: You may request access to a copy of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw: You may withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us using the details located at section 13 of this policy if you would like to withdraw your consent and we will delete your data in line with your right to erasure at 7.4 below.
- Rectification: You may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please log onto your profile at zest4customers.com
- Erasure: You may ask us to delete your personal data. If you would like us to delete the personal data we hold about you, please contact us using the details below, specifying why you would like us to delete your personal data.
- Portability: You may ask us to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller.
- Make a complaint: You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority, for the UK this is the Information Commissioner's Office, at ico.org.uk.
8.0 IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small pieces of information in the form of text files that are sent to your browser from our web server and are stored on your computer.
We do not store any personal information in the cookie; they are designed only to collect information of an anonymous nature. We will not combine such anonymous information with your personal details.
Categories of cookie
- To gather information which allows us to identify your platform and record enquires so we may improve customer experience and identify issues on the website.
- To help ensure you are provided with correct and useful information during your visit to our website.
- To collect data which allows us to improve our services based on your purchases and website usage.
The cookies we use can be split into three different categories:
- Essential to website function cookies – these cookies allow you to do such things as browse the website, search for products and add items to the basket.
- Helpful, non-intrusive cookies – these help improve your experience on the website, for example by recognising your location so we can view broadband strength in your area or reminding you of your recently viewed items.
- Google Analytics– to help us record user experience and to allow us to test new services, with the objective of improving user experience on the website. Despite their name, we rather than Google drop these cookies on to your computer.You can choose not to allow cookies in your browser settings. How you do this will depend upon the browser you are using. More information on cookies, their use and how to accept or reject them can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.As our cookies are largely aimed at improving the user experience on the website, you may find that if you block certain cookies you may experience deterioration in the service you receive.
- Security and Data Storage
We will treat all of Your information in strict confidence and We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep Your personal information secure once it has been transferred to Our systems. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, and data stored on the [website/app] and associated database.
Please note that the internet is not a secure medium and We cannot guarantee the security of any data You disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold